As a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, for well over a decade, I have often been asked, why a homeowner, is better served, by choosing, and using an agent, rather than trying to do it, himself! Choosing the right representation, for you, means, identifying, clearly, up – front, what you consider, your primary priority, and closely examining your reasoning, and rationale! While it’s simplistic, yet true, to state, the right agent should, and must, SERVE his clients, and place every client’s needs, etc, ahead of his own, self – interest, it might make sense, to examine, briefly what this means, and represents. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, how this must be, the highest priority and focus.
1. Service/ serves; strengths/ stronger; systems/ system; solutions/ solves; selling/ sales: When interviewing, for potential representation, a wise homeowner, carefully listens, and observes, which individuals, seem to emphasize, service, and indicates, ways, he serves his clients, best interests, and needs! This means, identifying, clearing, a specific property’s strengths, and weaknesses, and creates a strategy, to emphasize areas of strength, in order to make quality selling of the property, a stronger probability! He must know, which systems, to emphasize and stress, and share a marketing system, with his client, in order to work together, with teamwork, towards achieving the finest solutions, which seek to solve, the homeowner’s needs, and objectives!
2. Empathy; emphasis: When interviewing potential agents, it is wise, to consider, which ones, listen effectively, to you, and your needs, rather than trying to dominate the conversation. Selling houses, should be somewhat, customized, and not, a, one – size – fits – all, approach! When one proceeds with the utmost degree of genuine empathy, he becomes far more capable of placing his emphasis, where it might do, the most good!
3. Relevant; reliable; responsive/ responsible; realistic: What good is any agent, if he doesn’t provide, relevant professionalism? His clients must consider him to be reliable, and responsive to their needs, goals, and priorities! It’s not responsible, or beneficial, unless/ until, his recommendations are realistic!
4. Value; values; viable; views; vision: Great agents provide far more value to their clients, in order to demonstrate, why they should be chosen! Their values must be shared with their clients, and they must clearly explain their views, and rationale, for a specific approach. What good is any vision, unless/ until, it provides, the finest, most viable solutions, and actions?
5. Energize; excellence; endure; enrich: Since, for many, the process, is often, a stressful one, your agent should have the personal energy, and attitude, to energize you, in a positive way! His focus must be to provide genuine excellence, throughout this period, and he must have the endurance, to proceed forward, seamlessly, regardless of obstacles! Unless one enriches, those he represents, he isn’t serving his clients needs and objectives!
The best agents consistently, prioritize, the best way, to SERVE his clients! Since, for most people, their house, represents their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t that make sense?